[OM] Re: PhotoShop lens correction question

Subject: [OM] Re: PhotoShop lens correction question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 17:14:26 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I downloaded AG's new B&W beauty <http://image66.blogspot.com/> (the one
> with all the block, bricks and staircase)
Oh darn, I was going to restrain myself and leave that one alone.....
> because it looked a tiny bit out of kilter and I couldn't decide if it was
> tilted, perspective or lens distortion or all of the above.  I wanted to see
> what was necessary to correct it.

Sort of perspective. Select All=>Edit=>Transform=>Distort and pull the
upper right corner up to the right. When doing this, you can turn on a
grid to guide with CTRL-". I have it set for a fairly large grid.
http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/AG/Retina.htm

And I couldn't resist a version that plays with tones and textures.
> I loaded it into PhotoShop CS3 to try using filter -> distortion -> lens
> correction for the very first time and was a bit startled to find that
> the "lens correction" option was grayed out.
This worked for me in CS2, although I didn't see any need for lens
correction. I don't know what's wrong with your CS3. Why don't you send
it on to me and I'll see if I can fix it.

Moose