[OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:06:29 +0200
I think the small mirror allows less slap, I remember comments made
before I bought my E1 that people were amazed at how much easier it was
to take hand held shots a slower shutter speeds than was possible with
an OM, I also found this to be true.

Are the kit lenses crap?, they are light, made of plastic but I thought
delivered good quality images.

I want light weight, but not at the expense of image quality, even though we
have to carry a lot of medical equipment when we walk so I waited.
however the recent E-330 which is enough of a camera for me to realise
that I really like the E system, hence I committed and bought the 7-14mm
which is a truly amazing lens. At this moment in time I don't think
there is a comparative system to the 7-14 and E-330 combination - I may
be wrong, but I don't care because I have stopped looking.

I won't rush and buy an E-3 because I don't think the hinge system is as
practical as the E-330's i.e it will be more difficult to shade in
bright light with an arm and also more difficult to hold steady when camera
is raised above head. It has IS but I gain a few stops because of
liveview and some more because of the smaller mirror/shutter so its not
so important to me at the moment.

I hate the fact that I can't use my OM wides, but the 7-14 has solved
any shortfall in the digital area and I love the fact my 180/2 becomes
a 360/2 and that gets even better with the 1.4TC. I also like the 300
with 1.4TC

As for the OM wides, well I guess I will have to keep using film for a
while longer :-)

> Ok, that's 1 advantage, pity about the wides though.
>
> Any other advantage of a small sensor ?
>
> ...Wayne

Iechyd da
IanW