[OM] Re: First 330's

Subject: [OM] Re: First 330's
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 09:36:26 +1000
'fraid not dammit. These were really just record shots for the kids
and the school and they are less discerning of course. Oh and getting
used to the cam.
Unfortunately I have to go play with a 40D and an A700 this weekend -
I don't really get time to get comfy with a camera. Spend a lot of
time going - 'where was the  (whatever) on this one?'

One thing on the 40D caught my eye. The Live View is rather good but
they have incorporated speed and stealth modes for it. It's rather
quiet -  the mirror stays up so there's only shutter sound. Two
styles - the first quiet mode shoots at 6fps as well and the second
'silent' mode only makes a small click sound until you release the
buttton when it completes the shutter reset. Even with a whopping
great brick of a dSLR it's very good for candids. A nice
implementation of mirror up viewing! Very Pellix.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx