[OM] Re: Continuing Saga of the 1DMkIII

Subject: [OM] Re: Continuing Saga of the 1DMkIII
From: "IanG" <ian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 20:16:19 -0000
Fascinating. I must admit that I was a little skeptical about this, nice to
know that it is true and thanks for the detail.

<snip>

if you eat rabbit and only rabbit, you'll die of malnutrition.

Yep.  Known popularly as "rabbit starvation," it was a serious problem
for the first European explorers/mappers (such as David Thompson) who
were mapping Western Canada and the Northwestern U.S. back in the late
eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries.  It's the result of far too
little dietary fat in wild rabbits.  Without a reasonable supply of such
fat, certain metabolic operations go haywire, you get a hugely swollen
stomach, and eventually you sicken and die.

Garth