[OM] Re: Broken DSLR - worth repairing?

Subject: [OM] Re: Broken DSLR - worth repairing?
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:49:14 -0500
Everyone says American made cars are junk, but I have had two Chevy Caprices
that were indestructible. The first one was a 1991 that my grandpa bought
new then passed on to me when he bought another in 1995. The 91 had 200,000
miles on it and ran like new when I wrecked it for the 5th time and the
insurance company wouldn't pay to fix it even though all it needed was a new
hood and grill. I wrecked this car 5 times and never had really seriosu
damage, even the time I hit a smaller car in the side at 45 MPH (the woman I
hit ran a red light and I couldn't stop in time). Flattened her car,
crinkled the hood and smashed out my grill and headlights. I bought a new
hood, lights, and grill and no one could tell it had been wrecked.

The one I have now is grandpa's 1995. It has 188,000 miles, runs like new,
has never had any major problems, and has been in two wercks in which it
took no damage at all, and one (where I hit a deer) where it did minor
damage. It looks like new still and hasn't got a bit of rust even though its
entire life has been spent in snowy climates where lots of salt is used on
the roads.

I think American cars are great, and if GM still made the Caprice, I'd buy a
new one. The problem is people buy bottom of the line cars like Escorts and
Cavaliers then complain that they're crap. Well, yeah what did you expect
from cheap economy cars? Higher end American cars last very well. My 1995
Caprice has been worth every penny of the $30,000 my grandpa paid for it.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design