[OM] Re: gorillapod slr zoom

Subject: [OM] Re: gorillapod slr zoom
From: "Komtanoo Pinpimai" <romerun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 16:20:27 -0600
I'd be more worried if I need to mount it on such heavy body and long lens
like that (which is what they advertise on the name of it).
I guess it also depends on the center of mass, besides the advertise weight
( 3000g ), to avoid putting too much load on a joint.
In standing position, Ultrapod, should be the better choice because there's
no joint involves. The true strength of the Gorilla will come out on the
wrapping position.
Without the _ neck vertebrae _, it should mostly depend on the strength of
legs wrapping objects and the strength of head attached to the tripod.

Anyway, I only plan to mount it with E330 and 14-42 which is about 1/3 of
its weight spec.