[OM] Re: [OT] Seriously who can afford one of these?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Seriously who can afford one of these?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:46:47 +0100
I think that similar arguments were used against Comprehensive schools
in parts of the UK.  They tended not to put children in classes
according to their ability, but to clump them together so as to avoid
apparently ostracising the less able.

I went to a Public School (i.e. a private, or independent, school)
because my parents lived abroad, so I had to work my way up the classes.

The argument about how to treat children of different abilities at
school in the UK continues today.

Chris