Re: [OM] *(^&*%^^$%$@ verticals

Subject: Re: [OM] *(^&*%^^$%$@ verticals
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 23:01:27 -0600
Steve,

I use an E-510, and your question caught me by surprise.  I just looked at
some Thanksgiving photos of a family event and, sure enough, in the Windows
XP files of the images from the camera, the original verticals are, as you
point out, oriented horizontally.  I had really paid no attention to this,
because of my workflow with digital images.

My practice is to open each new batch of images as jpegs in Elements 6.0,
discard any obvious losers, and then open each of the better RAW files, make
RAW adjustments, then open it in Elements 6.0 for final processing. At the
end of processing, I save the image with a new filename.  Hence, the images
are saved as they are viewed in the editor, properly vertical.  Since I
never place an unedited image on the web, those I do upload are oriented
correctly.

Thanks for pointing this out, but, for me, it has never presented a problem.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA