Re: [OM] OT - question re anti-virus program

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - question re anti-virus program
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:32:34 -0800
I arrived a few minutes early for my teeth cleaning this morning and
browsed the Jan. ed. of a magazine called MaximumPC.

It included test results for AV software. They said just what Mike and
others have said about AVG free, bigger, slower, uses more resources.

They also gave McAfee mediocre a rating, which is more than I would have
given it when I threw it out with disgust a few years ago.

The surprise for me was top rating for Norton Security. They say it was
rewritten from the ground up for the new version and is both much better
than before, but better than any others they tested in this round.

Their new pick for free AV, replacing AVG, is something called AVIRA
anti-vir
<http://www.free-av.com/en/download/1/download_avira_antivir_personal__free_antivirus.html>

The free one is anti virus and spyware, but includes no firewall.

They also wrote about the 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda HD. I was ahead of
them there; mine arrives Monday. The 500GB drives are full.

Moose