Re: [OM] Olympus Living History Farm - Family Portrait

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Living History Farm - Family Portrait
From: ws <omls@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 19:35:07 -0500
Warning, camera bag diversion....

Speaking of bags, and you mention the Slingshot. I have the 200AW version
and find it a bit small, but I also find it becomes very uncomfortable if I hike
around. I can't imagine using the 300AW version. My body just isn't what
it used to be.

So I was checking out all the bags and I found I liked the Kata the best.
It is a bit more $$, and it feels lighter than what I was expecting.
http://tinyurl.com/9mt8gk but the weight is on par with the slingshot 300AW.
Although there is a rebate now, making the price similar to the 300AW

The straps can be configured as a sling or as a backpack, left or right.
The upper compartment is bigger since it does not narrow like the
Lowepro, and the divider between the upper and lower can be removed.

BH is out of them, but they are cheaper at Adorama, so I ordered one

Wayne

At 09:56 AM 1/19/2009, Ken wrote:
><snip>
>
>Last night I repacked the camera bags in an attempt to find a new working
>configuration.  I prefer a three-tier approach to my camera equipment so as
>of midnight here is arrangement till further notice.  I'm sure there will be
>changes before the day is through:
>
>Tiny bag (goes to work or anywhere like shopping):
>- Minolta A1
>- Extra battery
>- Charger
>- USB Cable
>- (Alternatively, instead of the A1, the IS-3, or an OM kit would be used)
>
>LowePro Slingshot 300AW
>- E-1 with battery grip and 14-54
>- OM-4T with MD2 and 35-80
>- Zuiko 24/2.8 with hood
>- Tokina AT-X 100-300/4 Zoom
>- OM-E adaptor
>- Vivitar 285HV
>- Polaris Flash/Ambient Meter
>- Polarizing Filter
>- Miscellaneous items to stuff the gaps.
>
>LowePro Magnum35 Bag
>- All the rest of the OM gear
>
>LowePro Bag (forgot the model)
>- Flash gear and IS-3