Re: [OM] Peter Lik again

Subject: Re: [OM] Peter Lik again
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 13:28:03 -0400
I think you're right, the midtones are going to be more or less
"right" to our eye while the shadows and highlights have the more
extreme d-max and d-min than the scene had. Not to mention you
usually get some pumped up saturation with the slide film as well.

What I was mainly (badly) trying to say was that you end up with a
scene that looks pretty much right to our eyes but that has that
extra punch in the highlights and shadows because of the great d-max
and d-min.