Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 22:43:57 -0500
Ken Norton wrote:
>  Intriguing observations.  I find it amazing that the 14-54 which obviously
> has a limit of 4-8MP of effective resolution shows far more resolving
> ability on the E-3 than my E-1.  If the lens truly was this limited, we
> would see very little difference in image quality between the 5MP sensor and
> the 10MP sensor.

I am so confused... I need to get back to taking images.

Here's where it all started. At this webpage:

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/digital-camera-sensor-size.htm

the diffraction estimator indicates that a four-thirds sensor at 10MP
has a diffraction limited aperture at 7.9. It seems my home tests
confirm this with f11 beginning to show the signs of softening. Chuck
indicates it's at f5.6 not f8 and drew a conclusion that my results were
possibly due to the 14-54mm not resolving more than 4-8MP. Huh???
Where's my OM-1 and vinyl records. I'm starting to self-destruct.

Oh well... this is what I get for diving to deeply into tech issues I
don't understand.

Richard

--
Richard Lovison Photography