Re: [OM] [OT] Advice re using non-Microsoft op sys.

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Advice re using non-Microsoft op sys.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 22:56:33 -0400
I called it "magic" because there is no information given regarding how
it works.  An "installer" does not make code written for a different
operating system work on another one.  It was in attempting to trace
down what the "installer" actually does that I ran into all the
programmer speak without discovering anything useful.  I will not
install something alien on my system without some degree of
understanding of what it's actually doing.

Chuck Norcutt