[OM] eby disasters

Subject: [OM] eby disasters
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 23:02:23 +1000 (EST)
Hi,

in relation to eby item 110399601242

This OM2 shows signs of corrosion on the trim so I have taken the top and
bottom off,
and it appears to have been submerged at some point, with corrosion of the
circuitry
from having the battery in it. Most of the mechanism internally also shows
signs of
corrosion, and the fabric shutter's are warped from liquid immersion. The
camera
doesnt work at all, which normally I would not be to fussed about it as I would
simply
keep it as spare parts but in this case its really not even good for parts due
to the liquid
damage, I can also see the prism is beyond all hope, looking through the eye
piece
I see the tin whiskers creeping 1/3 the way up the viewfinder.A very expensive
door
stop :-(

Also noticed the white gunge under the plastic straps and the rusted strap loop.

in relation to eby item 110399605557

The 28mm Zuiko Lens also appears to have been immersed in liquid at some point
with stains on the glass, a loose barrel, and dried grease on the focus ring
internally but
that is ok as the lens shows no sign of fungus and is easy to strip and clean.
The lens
case you have supplied the lens in should have given you an idea that it had
been
somewere very wet as the black covering on the OM hardcase has been floated
off.

All up, an expensive purchase.
I can only assume that these two items are a victim of the Qld floods.

Cheers
Ian Manners
Chairman Bill, a legend in his own mind.... or out of it!