Re: [OM] Odd behavior E-30

Subject: Re: [OM] Odd behavior E-30
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 07:44:27 -0500
> 'Though I wonder if 30.000 applies for OM 3T. 4, 4T and of course to
> legendary workhorses like the C* F1n, the N* F2 & F3, the Contax RTS,
> etc. And of course the OM 1 and 2n ;-)

Well, back in the golden days of film, the cameras were more likely to
need the occasional CLA. It wasn't that the shutter would fail, it
would just become less accurate. Today's cameras are not really
intended to be CLA'd. There is more likely to be a catastrophic
failure requiring a service call or total replacement.

My OM-2S has over 100,000 and still going relatively strong. It has
other issues needing a CLA, but I have no doubt that it would last for
a long time yet.

I've seen a couple Hasselblads that had over a million actuations on
them. The problem wasn't the mechanicals--it was the film back
mounting system that completely wore out.

AG