Re: [OM] 90/2.0 Macro + Pan F = Smile

Subject: Re: [OM] 90/2.0 Macro + Pan F = Smile
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:54:11 -0300
Beautiful images, Dawid.

If I were to choose my favorite, it might be
<http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/072/4/9/artistic_irrigation_by_philosomatographer-d4sm65x.jpg>,
just because.

And I wonder how is it that I can read the metadata using PhotoME - it
tells me you used an Olympus OM 4Ti, that aperture was ƒ/2, and
everything else.
Is it some magic of http://www.deviantart.com/ - or is it something
you did yourself? I checked my own three images I had loaded there,
and PhotoME tells "the file contains no metadata".

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Definitely your monitor! (scanned as 16-bit greyscale, definitely no
> colour casts...)

Indeed - way off !
I spent precious minutes of my life this afternoon struggling with the
Samsung P2370 and the Spyder3Pro
:-/

>> Grain might be an artifact of compression to small .jpg
>
> Nope. It's an artifact of taking a beautiful, pure, analogue capture
> medium and scanning it on a consumer scanner, that suffers from all
> kinds of grain aliasing and digitization issues.

Yes, yes and yes - Yes³ / Sí³ [ ...felt like I should shout it in
Spanish too :-) ]

> Dawid

Congrats,

Fernando.