Re: [OM] Fingering objects of desire...

Subject: Re: [OM] Fingering objects of desire...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 15:22:21 -0400
You liked the Sony SLT model because, unlike the NEX cameras, the basic
cameras were designed by Minolta, not Sony.  The original Minolta/Konica
designed DSLRs were equipped with in-body IS to accommodate older
Minolta AF film lenses.  The only things proprietary on the Minolta
designed DSLRs and SLTs are the Minolta lens mount and non-ISO flash shoe.

You can get around the non-ISO shoe with an adapter if you're willing to
do without TTL flash.  I have occasionally used a T-32 or Sunpak OM
footed flashes on my Minolta A1 with adapter which has the same
proprietary Minolta hot shoe.  There is at least one OM lens to
Sony/Minolta AF mount adapter for sale on ebay ($65) but without AF
confirmation.  OMs have a 46mm register distance vs Minolta AF's 44.5mm
which allows a 1.5mm thick adapter.

The next round of cameras will likely have Sony's 1024x768 EVF rather
than the 800x600 EVF.

Chuck Norcutt