Re: [OM] Dead dinosaurs

Subject: Re: [OM] Dead dinosaurs
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 11:07:55 -0400
I do, on a philosophical level. But on the practical level I want to burn them.
Well, most of them. But we're not a homogenous lot over here. The generic "you"
doesn't work when you're talking about who Maine folks might elect vs. who
Mississippi folks might elect. That said, we have to live with them because we
really can't burn them, much as we'd like to. And for every one of theirs I'd
like to ignite, they feel the same about one of mine, so there's a certain
symmetry there.

One of the more interesting consequences of the election and reelection of
Barack Obama is the clear demonstration of how close to the surface old
Confederate sentiments remain.

Oh, well, don't get me started. Crom willing, this too shall pass.

--Bob