Re: [OM] LR vs. Aperture image sizes [was LR5 beta}

Subject: Re: [OM] LR vs. Aperture image sizes [was LR5 beta}
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 12:57:49 -0700
On 5/2/2013 12:38 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Just a very wild guess but I hypothesize that the 1/2 second delay is
> due to virtual memory paging activity.

I hadn't really read this, as my interest in LR is low and I know nothing about
Aperture.

I suspect it is simply another example of standard Adobe behavior.

Open Bridge on a folder of images, and watch the thumbnails. They are first
rendered rather fuzzily, then redisplayed,
one by one, at better resolution.

Open a Raw file in ACR. It is at first rendered rather unclearly, and a yellow
triangle with interior, black exclamation
point is displayed in the upper right corner. As it then displays at full res
for the screen size, the triangle disappears.

The small histogram in the PS tool dock does the same thing, with a histogram
based on the screen display until you
click on the triangle; it then re-calculates based on the full size image.

I suppose these behaviors date back to slower computers, to avoid long delays
in display. Perhaps one may turn some off?

Two Stage Moose