Re: [OM] What would you buy?

Subject: Re: [OM] What would you buy?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 10:25:40 -0600
> Y'know, I hadn't thought of it quite that way until Tina's post, but with a
> good tripod and a 50, you can do the pano easily enough--sometimes even
> without a tripod. The cropping for up close can become problematic depending
> on size of sensor and sophistication of processor.
>
> Seems I may look for an exemplary 50 for the D800 and start woking on my pano
> skills.

Well, consider the fact that most panos (not all, Moose, just saying
most), benefit from keeping the sensor/film plane aligned with the
horizon. The overlapping shots aren't really all that critical for
alignment as long as you have sufficient overlap for the merge. You
can accomplish a very good pano with just a monopod. It will take a
little practice to learn how not to tilt it, but a monopod works great
for this application.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx