Re: [OM] Stand Here, Landscape App

Subject: Re: [OM] Stand Here, Landscape App
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 20:51:16 -0800
On 11/26/2014 6:29 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
I won't repeat what Carol says about Iowa from her cross country drive when
she moved out here from Maine. ;-)
That's perfectly OK. I grew up in Michigan in a resort community. I'm
sure what she has to say about Iowa is pretty much true. On a positive
note, I usually don't have to fight other photographers for the right
spot to place my tripod.

Thinking about it, most of the places I've photographed in nature also provide no problem of photographer crowding. Off season, mid-week, there is often no one around, even in amazingly beautiful places. The main grove at Henry Cowell Redwoods SP was the last place I shot with a tripod that was fairly busy, but there was no competition for tripod space, from either other photographers or the general public walking the roomy paths.

Three Legged Moose