Re: [OM] blue gold or whatever

Subject: Re: [OM] blue gold or whatever
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 16:53:07 -0500
This is the discussion Esteemed Wife and I have every time I go off half-cocked
at a real or perceived abuse of language. I understand that language is a
fluid, evolving thing. Even the French can’t stop it. <wink toward Philippe!>
But that does not mean we should stop piling up sandbags against the floods of
misuse. I am sure that even before my sloughing off this veil of tears,
“begging the question” will have been accepted as the correct usage. In fact,
not so long ago I heard an actual example of the aforementioned fallacy, and
turned to Joan and said “_That’s_ begging the question.” Did I mention my wife
has a lovely, indulgent smile? <g>

But just because evolution is inevitable does not mean the strong hearted and
stubborn amongst us must to gentle into that dark night of misuse and abuse.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal