Re: [OM] OM-D E-M5 II video shooting [Was: Video shooting by E-M5]

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D E-M5 II video shooting [Was: Video shooting by E-M5]
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 15:43:42 +0800
You can have hours of video on a 32GB SDHC card if you shoot 1080p, only 4K video take you 100Mb/S. It is 8xxg with a 25-400mm F2.8-4 lens, you won't get anything close to this with your M4/3 system. To be fair, the lens may not be very good for still but for video it is fine.

It is totally unacceptable for any device that is not capable of playing AVCHD today. If you really worry about AVCHD you can use MP4 anytime, there is an option to shoot MP4 on FZ1000.

C.H.Ling

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Wong" <mialop.wong@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks CH.

Upon search information about Panasonic FZ1000 from internet, seems it is
the best choice under HK$8,000 (HK wholesaler) or HK$6,000 (parallel
import) for both still image & video shooting except its weight over 800g.

The maximum recording time will be a concern for the videos for working, I
have found a post in dpreview that if 40 mins for 32GB SDXC card is
acceptable.
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3711308

Another concern of playing AVCHD & convert it to other format, it should be
solved.
http://www.iskysoft.com/article/avchd-player-for-mac.html
http://www.winxdvd.com/resource/play-avchd-on-mac.htm

However, related the disadvantages of playing back AVCHD video directly on
Mac OS in the 2nd article, my Apple cinema is old type 20" with 1680 x
1050. That means I have to convert the AVCHD video every time before
playing? Oh! My God!

Cheers,
Michael