Re: [OM] Loan camera test

Subject: Re: [OM] Loan camera test
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 14:11:10 -0800
Many-pixeled Moose wrote:

> The XA is a marvel of design and execution. I loved everything about it, but
> the fixed FL, which drove me crazy. :-)

I was actually pretty OK with the fixed 35mm lens, but what I didn't
care for was the lack of manual-exposure and the diamond-shaped
aperture. Other than that, it was a huge pleasure to use and carry
with me everywhere.

> I know, I know, bigger sensors are better. But, you know, I spend a lot of
> time inside image files. I simply don't think
> about whether they are 16 MP 4/3", 20 MP 4/3" or 24 MP FF. They all process
> the same and give the same sort of results.
> In decent light, that applies to the 1" sensors in Panny ZS200 and Sony RX10
> IV, as well.

Or in my case 5 MP 4/3", 7.5 MP 4/3", 8 MP 4/3", 10 MP 4/3", 16 MP
4/3" or 24 MP FF. The biggest difference isn't sensor size, but sensor
design.

AG Schnozz