Re: [OM] When do you need more pickles?

Subject: Re: [OM] When do you need more pickles?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 11:06:54 -0800
> Garlic and red peppers grow in any garden (except in Alaska perhaps, God
> fogive them) so long as you plant them, and occasionally water them.

Actually, agriculture in Alaska is insane. We do very little
corn/beans, but of the veggy stuff, it's in another category. It helps
that our summer is brief but intense. That 24 hours of sunlight thing
is crazy. Farmers moved up here to escape the "dust bowl" and found an
agricultural utopia here. Some things, like cabbages, are legendary.
Absolutely massive things that grow so fast they make noise.

Personally, I dislike cabbage, but hey, the carrots are great.

I'm much more a fan of the other food products from Alaska: Crab and Salmon.

AK Schnozz