Re: [OM] It might be camera replacement time

Subject: Re: [OM] It might be camera replacement time
From: Iwert Bernakiewicz <iwert.bcz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 10:08:10 +0100
Hello Steve,

Are you in for second hand? The Olympus OM-D 1 series are not much heavier
than the E-520, but are built like tanks.
I would combine it with the 12-40 f2.8 and you're set for a long time. You
can go for the mark I, ii or iii. If Olympus stays around or not is not
that important I think.
Focus will feel ages apart from what you have now. (fast!).

The total cost could well be under half of the proposed 1800, and that for
a full very well weather sealed camera lens combo. Maybe there are some new
old stock sales as well from reputable dealers or maybe KEH for good second
hand. I'm not into the US used market that much:).

I'm not into EOS knowledge, so can't offer advice there. Just that the
E-M1's are pro bodies, the rebel are not built very well (I guess the E-520
will even feel as better built than the EOS, certainly the 14-54!).

I myself use the Sony A7iii, but am wary about using it in adverse
conditions. I only use it with adapted manual focus OM-lenses and one
voigtlander, so can't tell about AF performance... I have used the OM-D
e-m1  for a long time, and still long for it, but I don't do fast action
and love the OM-zuikos, hence the Sony road:). I also hear very good things
about the Fuji XT-series, but don't use these.

All the best in choosing,

Iwert