Re: [OM] It might be camera replacement time

Subject: Re: [OM] It might be camera replacement time
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 13:45:15 +0000
I got my first E-500 so long ago I can't remember. Since then I've bought a
couple more used ones as well as an E-510 and E-520. They all work well, but
shortly after I got the first one I became dissatisfied with the two autofocus
lenses that came with it. I soon learned about being able to use MF film lenses
with adapters and have been doing so ever since.

Even though I can't contemplate problems with the OM 400 lens, I would suggest
you try a few other MF lenses before taking the $1,800 plunge. Lots of really
decent ones out there on evilBay, and I could suggest a few if you're
interested. My favourite for casual walk around is the Tamron 01A
35-80/2.8-3.8. Plenty out there for less than $50:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=tamron+01a+&amp;_sop=15

Chris

- Hunter S. Thompson