Re[2]: [OM] Camera Bag Suggestions?

Subject: Re[2]: [OM] Camera Bag Suggestions?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 22:44:35 -0700
At 11:14 PM 11/28/98 -0500, Dave Haynie wrote:

[snip]

>... The specs
>for the Magnum AW sound about right (I usually want three bodies, they
>recommend two, but I think it would work), but looking at the specs
>on-line, the thing measures out virtually the same as my KIWI bag now.
>Which isn't large enough, not close. I'm willing to believe the LowePro
>folks are more talented at folding space, but only so much.

I've owned the LowePro Magnum 35 (the precursor to the AW, I b'lieve) for
fifteen years, and it's an excellent bag for carrying stuff, but I wouldn't
want to lug it around all day.  My recent trip to Jasper/Banff National Parks
was a lugfest, and I was exhausted after a day of yanking that thing along --
plus it tends to make one shoulder lower than the other.  :-/  It's best as a
travel bag, IMHO -- right size for carry-on luggage on a plane, well-padded,
tough, good to toss in the trunk of a car, but not for humping around.

Oh, and if the AW's dimensions are similar, two cameras are all it's set up
for.  The third would have to be shoehorned somewhere in a nook or cranny that
wasn't designed for a camera (though that's not necessarily bad -- the bags are
quite adaptable...).

Garth