[OM] Olympus class action

Subject: [OM] Olympus class action
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 14:19:49 -0800
<< As it appears the OM system will be discontinued in the next two or
three years (possibly sooner) >>

Is this your opinion? On what facts are you basing this on? We'd all
like to know!...

That is my opinion; I do not know it as fact. BUT... this point has be
discussed at great length in this group, and during these discussions I
heard a lot of things, some of which I am not allowed to repeat.

Given the declining market share, Olympus USA's refusal to advertise the
OM system, Dr. Maitani's retirement, and a significant price increase in
OM lenses, it is "obvious" that Olympus must be seriously thinking about
"throwing in the towel."

Some members of this group have supported the OM system for 25 years or
more. If Olympus decides to terminate the OM system (without a
reasonable replacement), it is only right that they support the people
who supported the system.

We can't afford to sit back and be left "holding the bag." NOW is the
time to tell Olympus that we expect them to provide parts and service
for at least a decade after the OM system "ends." If they refuse to, we
should take them to court.