Re: [OM] Have a 2n, om 2000 worth adding?

Subject: Re: [OM] Have a 2n, om 2000 worth adding?
From: mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Stoesz)
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 08:32:54 -0700
Jeff wrote:

>Hello,
>    I am 16 year old aspiring photographer.  My dad has an old Olympus Om
>2n, a 50mm 1.8 lens, 28 f3.5 lens, 135 3.5 lens, 80 - 200 lens (sigma),
>35 -70 (sigma), flash, etc.  I will be taking photo 1 next year in high
>school, and I am going to Costa Rica this summer and am really looking
>forward to some great picture opportunities.

Welcome to the list, it is great to have the infusion of YOUNG blood.
There are some great mentors on this list and you should receive many
varying opinions and suggestions for equipment & technique.

I would suggest finding an OM-1n or perhaps OM-G as a back-up camera. IMHO
the best way to really learn photo technique is with a full manual camera
(OM-1n). I actually discourage my 4-H photo students from using anything
automatic and meterless is even a better way to train the eye.

Best Wishes, Mike

Mike Stoesz, VP
Rainbow Photography Inc.
213 Grand Av.