Re: [OM] A Zukiholic with a new film scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] A Zukiholic with a new film scanner
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 17:18:35 -0400
I've got an HP Photosmart, and you CAN NOT beat it for the price.  The next
ones up like the Nikon, Minolta have some new features and somewhat higher
resolution, but all the reviews I've seen say run, don't walk if your
budget is an issue.

128 Mg of RAM is barely enough.  When I get my new computer later this
year, I'm not considering less than 256k.  Graphics pros are using 750mg++!
 A 2400dpi scan of a 35mm slide generates a 20Mg image, which will grow
quickly when you do layering, collages, multiple undo's, etc.  You'll run
out of memory quicker than you can say Boo.

Good luck and keep us in the loop.

Skip

.