Re: [OM] Re: Status of the EOS 1n from Camera World of Oregon

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Status of the EOS 1n from Camera World of Oregon
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 14:56:20 -0700
Sam;

Thanks for the info. Coupla comments: I'm never surprised when one of
these camera stores tries to squeeze every little bit of questionable
tactics into every sale. Shame businesses are so seemingly dishonest, or
at the least,incompetent.

Samuel Morales wrote:

> Hey guys I finally received my Canon EOS 1n from Camera World of Oregon.
SNIP
> He blamed the customer service people.  "Sometimes they
> forget".
>
> The Canon to Olympus adapter fit the camera perfectly.

Can u refresh my memory on where you obtained this?

> Well I used it for the first time to shoot an evening football assignment.
> The EOS 1n with the Zuiko performed like a Mazzerati (Italian sports car.)
> I always knew my OM-1 and even OM-2000 was a lot brighter than my 4Ti
> , but I still could not believe how bright the Canon Eos 1n was.

The Olympus 2-series screens are much brighter than the 1 series.

> Anyway I shot wide open at 2.8 sometimes at 6,000 of a second and as the
> light quickly gave way I shot manually @ 250th with fill flash and it
> performed excellently.

Which lens were you shooting with?

> If any of you wanted to see it , I will be placing my  Olympus 350mm f2.8
> (blk version) on ebay either tonight or tomorrow.

Curious as to why you're selling such a fine and rare lens since you can
now use it on your EOS-1?  And, why didn't (can't) you offer it here
first?

> If Olympus won't make a camera with a faster shutter  and X-sync , heck just
> make it yourself.

Nice job.

George