Re: [OM] RFC: Should I bail ?

Subject: Re: [OM] RFC: Should I bail ?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 07:22:30 EDT
gareth.knight@xxxxxxx writes:

> Basically what I am asking is whether anyone has bailed and regretted it /
>  or indeed never looked back.

This list is full of OM users. You'll find people who "bailed" and came back,
but I don't think you'll hear from anyone who "never looked back" because,
presumably, they'd be long gone from the list. :)
I'd recommend you ask at the Contax list, there seems to be many ex-Olympus
users there. Most of the former users there cite lack of support from Olympus
and the lack of anything meaningfully new from Olympus' 35mm stable.
Personally, I believe they make it seem as if Olympus 35mm is on it's death
bed with nothing but old bodies and lenses to buy. I also believe they mostly
spout this to justify their huge expenses to jump into Contax SLR gear. I
tried Contax SLR myself, but in the end came back to Olympus. (Contax G, now
there's a system that's worth the expense which I DO own and use).
Just my opinion/experience, YMMV!

George S.