Re: [OM] Italy: Camera/lens advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Italy: Camera/lens advice
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:18:06 -0500

>I am concerned about theft.  Several travel books warn about the problem
>of theft in Italy.  I've never been there, so I have no way to judge how
>real the danger is.

That would be my number one concern. They have lots of gypsys in both France
and Italy that love to toy with tourists. I would take a plain satchel of
some kind, one that doesn't scream camera gear, and the OM system. I would
stay aware of who is around when I pull the camera out of the bag also. I
would travel in groups and stick together. I would also stay away from
populated areas if possible. Most crime is in cities. I think Susan and
others can help you more though.
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright