Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Space shuttle media

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Space shuttle media
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 09:17:47 -0500
>I know this thread may be wearing on some, this is the last I'll post unless
>it's a response to someone, but there IS some OM-relevance here, for don't
we
>all, as photographers, benefit from an open, free press? We could logically
>surmise that it would be a couple of small jumps from- "No photos of
accident
>scenes" to, like in some countries- "No photos of government buildings" then
>what? "Apply here for your official photographer's permit?"

George, to a large extent we already have this in the USA. I think it was
last year some time that we had extensive discussions about "building
releases" and various types of "film permits"?? Irregardless (had to use that
word) of the fact that releases are also basically mandatory for people and
pets??

I predict that in the not too distant future, this nation will rise up
against all these rules and regulations and/or it will collapse from the
weight of its own beaucracy. In many parts of this country, everything from
the bushes in your front yard, to your car, to what you can photograph is
regulated. I for one am sick of many of these rules and I know that I am not
alone. As a life long Democrat, it is really hard for me to admit that we
have too many rules and that the Republicans are correct in wanting to relax
many of them. I believe this was one of the main reasons that Gore lost the
election. Too many people fed up with too many rules.....
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright