Re: [OM] Suggestions for interiors

Subject: Re: [OM] Suggestions for interiors
From: "John Pendley" <jpendley@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:32:02 -0400
Hi Chuck,
This is not my field, either, but do you think it will be necessary to
capture whole rooms?  (If so, it also depends on how big or small they are.)
Maybe you could do just as well by asking the contractors which features of
the building they're especially proud of and concentrating on those details.
(The contractors/architects shouldn't be shy about what they're proudest of.
In any case, if you aren't that comfortable with WA's, I wouldn't make this
a training ground.  A 35mm is about as wide as I'd go, *maybe* a 28.  There
are just too many problems with wider lenses, not the least of which is that
a 21 can make the far side of a room look like its in the next area code.
And I think that these people will want realistic, not vastly distorted,
depictions of the spaces involved.  I wouldn't get creative with DOF,
either.  Everything should be sharp.
Regards,
JohnP