Re: [OM] Question about the auction site.

Subject: Re: [OM] Question about the auction site.
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 15:47:34 EDT
DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> what's the accepted etiquette for leaving
>  feedback? In the last half-dozen or so transactions I've done there, the
>  order of events has always been the following:
>
>   1. auction ends.
>   2. I send money to seller
>   3. seller sends me stuff
>   4. I leave +ve feedback for seller
>   5. time passes
>   6. I ask seller if they wouldn't mind leaving me feedback
>   7. about 250f the time, seller bothers leaving me feedback.

Hasn't been my experience, Daniel.  I haven't sold yet, but have been only a
buyer.  In almost every case, I've gotten positive feedback.  I think what
helps is being prompt in sending off a money order (or using whatever payment
method you choose), good communications (let the seller know the m.o. is in
the mail, the item is received and that you are posting positive, etc.).  I
have found that being a prompt, courteous, positive-feedback-posting buyer
has worked for me.  I don't wait for the seller to post feedback for me.  If
I have the item, it's as described and I'm satisfied, I e-mail the seller
that I'm posting positive feedback, and then do it, and trust he'll do
likewise.  Seems to work.

Maybe the difference is that I pay very close attention to the buyer's
feedback profile, his/her descriptions, and the quality of his emails back
and forth to me prior to the end of auction (does he/she answer all my
questions, promptly, and politely?).  I try to "read between the lines".  If
I get ANY bad vibes, I pass, don't bid, or bid very low.  Be picky about who
you buy from.

Rich