Re: [OM] Re: Digital Musings

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Digital Musings
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:03:35 EDT
In a message dated 9/4/01 10:40:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Course I'll always keep my original OM-1.

I would keep some OM stuff.  To narrow the discussion and somewhat change
it's focus,  I am considering the Canon EOS D30.  Some pretty big names in
professional photography have gone to it.  Does it have the system depth and
diversity that the OM line does?  No.  But it does produce some pretty
spectacular results.  Understand, I am well aware that it costs a bunch.  I
would have to sell off a large quantity of my OM system to be able to afford
it.  Can I justify it financially?  No.  But this avocation is about results,
for me.  I have enough OM equipment that a sell-off would allow me the funds
for the D30 and still leave me with a 4t and two or three lenses.

Hey, guys, this isn't any easy thing to decide on.  The whole thing has come
about because of the hassles with getting the end result after I use the OMs.
 Perhaps Tom S is correct.  Perhaps I should focus more on scanning to the
computer and wait for the digital quality to improve.  Finally, digital will
inevitably take over the photography world.  It is a matter of when, not if.

Dave Dougherty