Re: [OM] macro questions

Subject: Re: [OM] macro questions
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 06:57:16 -0800
Seeing as I just paid more than that for JUST the 135 f/4.5 you id very well
indeed!

With the 80mm you will actually be quite close. With the auto tube your lens
to subject distance will be between about 10 and 20cm if I remeber
correctly, so you will be quite close. The 135 lens to subject distance
ranges from about 18cm to infinity focusing.

The 65-116 is to long to be used with any of the wide angles effectivly. It
does work with telephotos. I have used mine with the 200/4 and 200/5 and the
75-150 zoom with good results. Results are generally better with prime
lenses instead of zooms. I have never tried it with the 300 though. You
would one a good stout tripod for that combo!

Olympus does not reccomend using any of the extension tubes in conjnction
with the 65-116 tube. If you wanted to try it, you can firgure the
magnification by focusing on a ruler, this will give you the magnification
area, from which you can figure the ratio.

Jim Couch