Re: [OM] OT - print film types - reala, recomendations

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - print film types - reala, recomendations
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 10:31:59 +0800

"John A. Lind" wrote:

> There's apparently some confusion about Superia 100 depending on where
> someone is (globally), how Fuji is marketing it, and how they update
> various regional sites.

Yes, I also hate their description on the negative, very hard to
identify the verison. Such as the old HR, HR2, SHR, SHG and now the
Superia... on the consumer film.

> "Superia 100" . . .
> An older 3-layer emulsion film and I believe the one C.H. Ling is writing
> about.

I don't know if they have changed the emulsion to 4-layer for the
ISO100 film yet (most likely yes), the consumer Superia with 4-layer
emulsion was start with the ISO400 and then the 200, finally the 100.

> "New Superia 100" . . .
> Has the same two letter designation as Superia 100, but a different data
> sheet, and has a 4-layer emulsion derived from Reala.

Yes, but I think they are still quite different from Reala, it scan
very differently, the Reala I tried was very warm and the Superia 200
and 400 (4-layer emulsion) was more neutral.

C.H.Ling