Re: [OM] Less than wonderful Zuiko?

Subject: Re: [OM] Less than wonderful Zuiko?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:29:33 -0800

But it took great pictures, every bit the equal of the 35-80 in the
sharpness and snap categories.  I didn't test the distortion, but not many
fast zooms do well there.  The Zuiko is no exception, exhibiting distortion
at both ends.

I loved the extra range on the zoom.
But I've gotten by just fine with my 35-80.  When shooting with it, I
typically carry a 2nd body with a 21 or 24 and either a 135/2.8 or the
..gulp.. 80-200/2.8 Tamron monster as it's companion.

I didn't investigate the bokeh, but it can be an issue with some lenses.
It's not imaginary, by any measure.  And it is elusive to describe and
confirm.  Don't underestimate the bokeh quality to make or break the same
shot taken with different lenses.

Skip

But does it have that elusive, legendary Zuiko glow? :-)
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California