RE: [OM] Keeping "unused" lens

Subject: RE: [OM] Keeping "unused" lens
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:13:35 -0800
Ahhh, deep breath.

My input - gotta admit, my Zuikos are mainly sitting around collecting dust
due to not much opportunity to photograph and due to my interests right now
being using 4x5s for big landscape work and using my 645 with Agfa Scala for
some off-beat unusual work I'm trying to do.

That said, a year ago or so I got some great shots in Yosemite of Half Dome
and full moon and Sunset on Horsetail Falls, all with Zuikos - 180/2,
350/2.8 and the 1.4 and 2x.  Beautiful Velvia slides resulted.  Hopefully,
I'll get a chance to print some soon.

More to the point, though, I've been wanting to thin out the Zuikos and get
rid of some overlap for a couple of years.  But I just haven't been able to
bring myself to do it. Some thinking:

Lenses I use the most:
Same as next list with addition of 35-80/2.8 and 90/2 macro

***
Lenses I doubt I'll ever sell: (far too expensive to do this kind of work in
larger formats. Plus, these are world class lenses)
16/3.5
50/2 macro
180/2
1.4x
350/2.8  (BUT - Here's a month's living expenses!)

***
Lenses I thought I'd never sell until recently:
28-48/4 (great little lens, but I got a 28/2, the 35-80 zoom and several
50s)
35-80/2.8 (fantastic lens, right down to wide open.  But I could use the
$$$s.)
50/1.2 (after all I've got the 50/2. But this lens is incredibly sharp ...)
80, 90 or 135 macro (how can I justify keeping all of these? Can anyone HELP
ME?)

***
Others I have a hard time justifying keeping all of due to overlap:
24/2.8
28/2
135/2.8

***
Lenses I've sold and wish I hadn't:
21/3.5
100/2

***
Lenses I'd like to buy even now:
18/3.5 OR 21/3.5 MC

I know, nice problems to have?  But I've been an Olympus user since the late
70's so I've had plenty of chance to collect stuff.

So, here I sit, trying to pick the next lens on the chopping block.
28-48/4?; 24/2.8; 135/2.8?
Any help out there?

George