Re: [OM] Albert's quest

Subject: Re: [OM] Albert's quest
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 15:37:19 +0800
Thanks!!

But I usually don't need any defending, but sometimes my pics do..  ;-)

In all seriousness, I am doing nothing more than documenting for the rest of the list to see (apologies) my thought process. I'm not one to not consider everything, and I find "regret" to be one of the ugliest words in English..

Had I taken the first few opinions of those I talked to when I first started out in photography, I would have gotten a C* or a N*.. And I would have missed out on the beautiful OM's. I have the anti-C*non friends, the anti-N*kon friends, the pro-C*non friends, the pro-N*kon friends, the "If it ain't German glass, it's japanese trash" friends etc.. So I take into consideration, everything people tell me.

That said, I would like to grow as a photographer (first and foremost goal) but at the same time, have fun!! You people have NO IDEA how nuts I have been going, trying to decide on a camera to suppliment my OM. (If you are really curious, you can ask my gf, I've driven her up the wall)

There's the fact that as a photographer, I've got a long ways to go..
But I like big trannies and so am considering MF.
Instant feedback that is digital should help me quite a bit, plus size and convinence; but then depreciation too (as it's a hobby and not a job).. If I had the $$$, I'd just buy it all, and leave the worrying to someone else, but I don't, and I'd hate to regret purchase decisions.. (There have been so few regrets in my life, why start now??) My regret percentage has been about 1% thus far in life, and I don't want to increase it..

Albert

Douglas Tourtelot wrote:

First off, in Albert's defense (not that he needs any perhaps) is that he
seems to be documenting in writing what I, and probably more than a few
others on this list do; go 'round and 'round about different ideas on what
might be the next appropriate step to take in our photographic hobby.  I
usually do this in a silent but whirling brain, over days or weeks, but find
that I seldom regret my final choice. Pentac*n Six has been in there
recently, for God's sake!  Hopefully, that little kernel will disappear
before I spend any OM money on it<g>.