Re: [OM] [OT]questions on words

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT]questions on words
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 16:57:40 -0000
As far as my use of the asterisk is concerned, it is to avoid giving false
hits to search engines looking for news, views etc on other camera brands,
which would tend to dilute the concentration on OM (hah! And on SUV etc etc)

Bokeh - bokeh, from japanese boke, unsharp. The appearance of the
out-of-focus areas of a photographic image. Also, the rendition of
out-of-focus image areas by a particular lens, i.e. a lens with a pleasing
out-of-focus rendition is said to have 'good bokeh.'
Try this link (the source of that definition) for a varied background -
http://www.bokeh.de/en/ although his link to Harold Merklinger's
(recommended) PDF on the subject is out of date, and should be -
www.trenholm.org/hmmerk/ATVB.pdf

Piers