[OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Who's next?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Who's next?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 20:35:05 -0700
waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I had a few 4x6 prints made from my C5050 today, at a professional lab, not
>walmart or the grocery chain store.

Professional only means they charge for their work. It doesn't
necessarily mean they are any good at it. I have beautiful 8x10s from
2mp DC indoor flash shots. Of course I made them myself, but I get good
skin tones on most images and don't have to fuss with color balance in PS.

If they are charging pro prices and don't get the skin tones right, they
aren't doing their job. On the other hand, if you are getting automated
prints from a 'pro' shop, rather than something actually hand made,
that's another story  It certainly does help to select the correct white
balance. How is the skin tone when viewed in camera? How does it look on
the computer? Dpreview shows good color balance and skin tones with
flash on the 5050.
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusc5050z/page16.asp> Automated
printing can do some very strange things to a scene that doesn't have an
ordinary mixture of colors in it.

I'm not touting the 5050, never even held one. Just pointing out that
the results you got just don't jibe with what comes from even much
lesser cameras when done properly

Moose.