[OM] Re: My personal Film vs. Digital tests - II

Subject: [OM] Re: My personal Film vs. Digital tests - II
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 22:00:09 -0400
Is there a commercial color lab left in the US that actually uses
optical enlargers?  I think not.  I think everything you get these days
is a scanned image placed on wet print paper via laser or, for really
big prints, printed on ink jet printer just like most of us do.

You may be correct that the film may contain more/better information
than what we normally see on the print but I think it's mighty hard to
get at it any other way these days.

Chuck Norcutt