[OM] Diffusers Reflectors and studio flashes.

Subject: [OM] Diffusers Reflectors and studio flashes.
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:12:34 +0200
Sort of on topic will be using E-1 and OM for pictures

I want to move up a level in my photography and I would like to take
some nice shots of my pregnant wife whilst she still has a large belly,
and then some pictures of "itsy" when it arrives

Up until now my people shots have always been candids. On our local
auction site ricardo there is a german company offering studio setups
consisting of two flash heads  etc up to three flash heads with
softboxes with prices ranges from 300 to 800 swiss francs thats about
230 dollars or 132 UK pounds to 620 dollars or 350 UK pounds. There are
also portable options with battery packs.

so my question is what do you recommend for me to get started, I am
thinking I could maybe get away without a flash meter as I have the E-1
so what is the opinion on the following

diffuser  (I have a white umbrella)
reflector ( gold silver or half and half )
studio flashes - get one good one and add to it later or do I really
need at least two from the start
I guess I need a flash trigger - But I saw stuff on that in previous post.
backdrop  ( will plain old bed linen sheets suffice)

thanks in advance

oh and some light relief form the politics - the following picture not
the flash questions

http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/30644375-M  - yes it was really
setup like that, I didn't change anything, honestly.

Ian