[OM] Re: Indian flash slaves

Subject: [OM] Re: Indian flash slaves
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:40:39 -0400
Have you actually placed the flash in the hotshoe of the slave unit vs.
attaching it via PC cord?  Your later post on this subject pointing to
<http://www.graphic-fusion.com/equipment.htm#wein> and mentioning diodes
causes me to wonder whether the PC connector is considered an input and
not an output, ie; flash in the hotshoe can be fired via optical slave
or PC cord.

Seems that both PC connectors should be outputs as well so this is
little far fetched perhaps but certainly explains why 4 brand new pieces
of fairly simple equipment don't work.  I don't have any Sonia brand
flash slaves but I do have some other pieces of Sonia brand accessory
equipment and have no concerns about quality.  Hard to believe all 4
don't work.

I suppose the diodes could also be zener diodes for overvoltage
protection but that's just another stupid guess from someone with near
zero electronics qualifications.

Where's Tim Hughes?

Chuck Norcutt