[OM] Re: [OT] Monitor brightness level

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Monitor brightness level
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:24:50 -0500
On 1/18/06, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Richard
>
> I have just checked my CRT and it is set to 50%, it seems; it's a
> Mitsubishi Diamondtron.  However, when I start a software calibration
> I am instructed. to select maximum brightness for the process.  When
> I have finished that process the brightness reverts to normal until I
> re-enter the calibration again.

Thanks for the info Chris.  With ColorPlus I have to adjust the brightness
level manually at the beginning of the calibration process and a setting of
97% is what works.  It stays at that setting after the calibration is
completed. This provides the best black level and allows the monitor to
closely match  a print.  What was confusing  to me was the tech telling me I
would severely shorten the life of the monitor by having the brightness set
that high yet I never had the setting below 89% since I first started using
it 4 years ago.  Oh well, I don't really think it matters at this point.
There probably isn't much life left in my Optiquest V95 and for now, the
setting at 97% works fine.

Richard