[OM] Re: YADT, 5D & twinge in the fundament

Subject: [OM] Re: YADT, 5D & twinge in the fundament
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:26:18 -0700 (PDT)
> I'm an engineer, I'm sure it was not genius that "stumbled"
> upon it. We, as a lot, rely on dumb luck more often than not.
> Genius can only be attributed to someone if they actually
> realized they had something, after the fact.

LOL.  I'm reminded of an Isaac Asimov quote:  "The most exciting
phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries,
is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ...'"

Aslo from James Joyce:  "Mistakes are the portals of discovery."

And then there a quote from Howard Aiken that illustrates my
life as a Design Engineer in the telco industry:  "Don't worry
about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will have
to ram it down their throats."

Finally, a quote that best describes my attitude last week when
I was so frustrated with my photography by Ken Hakuta: "Lack of
money is no obstacle. Lack of an idea is an obstacle."

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com